Brownstein Group has an opportunity for a Billing Coordinator to join our agency in Philadelphia. This role provides the opportunity to be part of a great culture, provide pro-active accounting support, and play an integral role in accurately preparing accounting records. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the timely generation of client billing along with other general accounting duties
This position is responsible for the generation of agency billings along with various other accounting functions. This position also works on special accounting projects including, but not limited to, monthly time accruals, client analysis, production payables etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management and generation of client billings
- Analyzes and bills client retainer fees
- Enters production payables
- Enters freelance and intern time sheets
- Prepares monthly time accruals
- Researches problems
- Participates in accounting special projects
- Ability to work varied hours as dictated by business need
- Experience working in an Agency or Service Industry a plus
- 5+ years Accounting experience
- Degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficient in various accounting software packages and QuickBooks Pro; Advantage software a plus
- Detail-oriented and possesses strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player
Jr. Front End Developer
About the role
Junior Front-end Web Developer with 1-3 years of front-end development experience. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who takes initiative and can support the development team with various development needs as the workload increase.
- Create and maintain web pages, email newsletters, ad banners, promotional materials, landing pages using HTML and CSS
- Perform coding, testing, documentation and implementation of websites including cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and search engine optimization
- Experience with GIT or similar version control systems, LESS/SASS and at least one server-side language is a plus
- Knowledge of HTML email best practices
- Solid understanding of responsive design
- Ability to hand code semantic HTML and CSS from existing designs
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Must have a team-oriented attitude
- Agency experience a plus
The Brand Strategist is responsible for supporting the needs of the Brand Strategy team and requires collaborative work within the department, the agency, and clients.
- Conduct primary research with a heavy focus on quantitative and qualitative methods – from traditional methods like online surveys and focus groups to more creative, unconventional methods
- Conduct secondary research, using traditional and online research and proprietary research tools
- Analyze existing research, create read-outs, extract key learnings, identify patterns, understand causation and correlation
- Develop brand strategy recommendations utilizing market research analysis, including: positioning, platform, messaging hierarchies, needs states, customer experience maps, go-to-market strategies, content strategies, etc.
- Develop and presents strategic recommendations to the client
- Assist in coordination and development of new business proposals and sales deck
- Creative brief development
- Provides key inputs for analytics implementation
- Supports measurement and analytics functions including the development of KPIs, analytics roadmaps, and analyzing outputs to hone and optimize marketing efforts
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- BS/BA Advertising/Communications or any relevant field of study
- Ability to work independently and with team members
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with clients and coworkers
- Ability to create well-designed and inspirational presentations
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening skills
- Computer skill: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
- Excellent time management skills
Soft skills the Director is looking for:
- Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
- Endless career ambition
- A self-starter who has the confidence to navigate the lay of the land
- Someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is resourceful
- A true believer in the power of brands and the role they play in our lives
- Obsessed with culture – trends now, and where culture is heading
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep
- Someone who loves marketing and advertising. Like REALLY loves it. Bleeds it.
Creative word people! You bright, elusive things! We’re looking for one of you. But not just anyone of you. We’re looking for people who love a great campaign. People who love the kind of ideas that are so simple and so good that you wish you’d thought of them. We’re looking for people who have come up with ideas so simple and so good that we wish you’d thought of them with us. We’re looking for people with National TV and Print campaign experience and have the book to prove it. Do you want to work with a bunch of misfits and kooks—split equally between sci-fi dweebs, word nerds, foodies and drinkies?
A senior copywriter will have a proven track record as a copywriter, with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps clients achieve their aims, and the ability to generate immaculate copy for every brief.
Comfortable and confident in their writing, and willing to help junior copywriters improve their copy skills, senior copywriters are leading figures in a creative team and are always ready to rise to any challenge with a keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the sharpest, most dazzling copy.
This role requires complete self-assurance, as the senior copywriter is in charge of influencing the end-user by delivering a clear message, as well as using their initiative to seek out new trends and incorporate them into campaigns effectively.
Working alongside art directors & designers, senior copywriters must be team players, multi-taskers, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
Senior copywriters are expected to:
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
- Check all copy that generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints
- Push clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
Qualifications and skills:
- Significant experience in professional, commercial writing
- A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- Attention to detail and timescales
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques – including digital media
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
Brownstein Group is looking for interns in various departments throughout the agency! This is a great opportunity to get some hands-on experience in the field, and to understand the fundamentals of advertising and PR.
Brownstein Group offers internships in the following areas:
- Digital development and Social Media
- Public Relations
- Account Management
- Strong desire to learn
- Experience with MS Office suite and Social Media Platforms
- Current enrollment in a related major while pursuing a degree at a University/College
- This is an unpaid internship
- The Fall program will run from September 11, 2017- December 1, 2017
- Our program will require a 2-3 day per week commitment
- Please indicate which internship is most appealing to you when applying
Digital Creative Director
Brownstein Group is looking for a seasoned Digital Creative Director to join our team and have the opportunity to invent and execute innovative digital experiences for our clients.
Someone who can drive creative ideation from concept to creation.
An individual with a deep passion for digital and an understanding of the communications ecosystem and how digital plays an important role.
Someone who inspires and nurtures big ideas that drive results for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead internal experience design team to invent and execute digital solutions
- Work hands on with UX and digital development team
- Responsible for end-to-end creative direction of projects, from defining complex user-stories, wire-framing and prototyping to visual design with accountability to results
- Package creative concepts and present to internal stakeholders in persuasive, articulate and compelling ways
- Integrate brand marketing and positioning with direct response to drive conversions throughout the entire customer journey
- Collaborate with analytics and development team on iterative tests to improve and optimize key metrics
- Manage requirements for front-end development experience with HTML, CSS, etc.
- Lead the design, development and execution marketing campaigns across multiple digital media channels
- Provide creative direction internally and externally for all digital campaigns
- Collaborate across agency to coordinate and evolve brand, product and digital strategies
- Develop targeted digital strategies consistent with brand and business objectives
- Establish and promote digital design guidelines, best practices, and standards in coordination with marketing and brand initiatives
- Lead and inspire internal and external cross-functional teams while managing workflow
- Provide support and direction for outside agencies and vendors
- Measure and optimize digital performance to meet business objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Graphic or Digital Arts
- 8-10 years of design experience with heavy focus on digital and UX
- Agency Experience Required
- Must have digital portfolio available
- Digital experience developing for mobile and desktop.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices related to email designs, responsive UX, and social media
- Expert in Adobe CC software and other related design tools.
Reports to Account Director or Group Account Director
Role: Problem Solver
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships with client and extended teams
- Inquisitive and probing when responding to client requests; and thoughtful when making agency recommendations
- Manages multiple projects from start to finish with an eye toward ensuring strategy and creative integrity is carried through execution.
- Demonstrates passion for the agency, the work and the client’s business
- Proactively learns about the category/industry and the brand/products in order to become a trusted resource in both internal and client conversations
- Engages in meaningful discussions with clients and partners with them to take actions to improve the business
- Champions the agency perspective and is persuasive and articulate when communicating work and ideas
- Questions client requests when necessary and thinks creatively to solve problems
- Oversees and navigates the team on all aspects of executing of projects
- Works closely with Strategy, Creative and Production to create a plan on managing projects and strives for flawless execution
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Organized—able to sort, file and retrieve information logically and easily.
- Multi-task oriented—able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines under stress.
- Detail-oriented—attentive and accurate.
- Flexible—able to shift gears easily.
- Effective communicator—able to communicate to agency staff and clients verbally and in writing; as well as being a good listener.
- Effective presenter to clients—able to communicate agency pov with logic and conviction
- Self-confident—able to project and instill confidence in others.
- Self-starter—able to anticipate needs and act without direction.
- Inquisitive—exhibits genuine interest in advertising and is eager to learn and ask questions