Diversity Scholarship Program
You want to join a movement that’s been full steam ahead since the Creative Revolution. You want to be around people who take pride in what they make, who come to the table with opinions and don’t leave without sharing them.
We get it—it’s the same reason we’re all here. In fact, we’ve been looking for someone like you.
Brownstein aims to recognize and reward outstanding undergraduate students who are from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and passionate about a career in advertising and PR through internships scholarship program.
Brownstein will offer students the opportunity to learn about the Advertising & PR industry and specifically, what it’s like to work at Brownstein. Program participants gain first-hand experience and the opportunity to participate in our premier ten-week summer internship program at our Philadelphia-based office.
What’s in it for you?
- On-boarding to Brownstein integrated teams and training beginning Day One
- Assigned mentors to help you navigate the organization and guide your career
- Access to senior leaders to provide insight, support and guidance throughout the program
- Potential to gain exposure to different facets of the agency.
- Internship scholarship program fund – $15 per hour/living wage – up to 12 weeks.
- You are a full-time undergraduate student or a recent graduate who identifies as someone from a traditionally underrepresented background (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color)
- You are interested in pursuing a career in Advertising or Public Relations.
- You are able to join us (remotely) for 12 weeks, 15-20 hours per week in the fall, spring or summer.
- Your cumulative GPA is a minimum of 3.4.
- You have a demonstrated desire to gain hands on experience to your field of study through clubs, volunteer work, entrepreneurialism, course work, etc.
Timeline, Submission Requirements & Selection Process
Applicants must submit by the deadline, September 18th:
- A 400 word essay describing who you are, what interests you about Brownstein and why you should be considered for the program.
- 2-4 reference letters from College/University Professors, Guidance Counselors and/or High School teachers.
- Complete online application and responses for your departmental preference https://www.brownsteingroup.com/careers/internships/internship-application/
Supplemental application materials must be submitted to HR@brownsteingroup.com with the subject “Scholarship Intern Application Name”
Selected applicants will then be invited to interview virtually with their respective department leaders to learn more about Brownstein.
Brownstein Group offers internships in the following areas:
- Brand Strategy
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Account Management
Brownstein group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered fairly and without bias. Brownstein is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and will continue to make deliberate and intentional efforts to achieve an environment where all are welcome, safe and seen.